Careers with Algomi
Application Service Desk Analyst
LONDON, 19 February 2017
Role of Service Desk Analyst within the Algomi Technical Support Department.
The EMEA Service Desk based in London provides first, second and third line support for the Algomi product suite (Synchronicity and Honeycomb).
The Service Team will provide on-site and remote support to users and trading support personnel, maintaining a strong relationship with the clients as well as developing a deep understanding of the client systems and business practices.
Algomi actively encourages career progression within the company and the service desk is an excellent learning platform for many future roles. There are several career prospects within the service desk including team leader and management roles.
- Provide a professional support service to clients both on mainland UK and internationally
- Provide resources to resolve issues in a reasonable timeframe
- Meet and exceed SLA requirements as defined in customer contracts
- Provide ownership of calls and a mechanism to manage the support process within Algomi
- Provide excellent customer care and resources to resolve issues in a reasonable timeframe
- Financial Services Background – Preferably Trading Environments (1-3 years)
- Technical Background – Application/Windows / Linux / SQL / Java (3-7 years)
- Understanding of FIX (1 year)
- Confident + Professional
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manage own time and a changing workload
- Co-operative approach working with team members and other departments
- Working knowledge of networks and network infrastructure
Duties and responsibilities
- Receives all client raised incidents, takes ownership and enters / updates internal call management system
- Analysis of each call using business acumen to identify the nature of the incident and action appropriately
- Deals with calls immediately, either independently or by passing to the appropriate team to ensure optimum resolution
- Works to improve knowledge and skills to increase 1st and 2nd line resolution within the service desk
- Attends client site to assist with issue resolution and increase business knowledge where requested
- Develops strong working relationships with other departments to assist with the delivery of our service to clients
- Adheres to "best practice" and department procedures for client communications, incident progression and investigation
- Participates in the team shift patterns and assists with weekend work and out of hours escalation when required
- Deliver first time fixes (To meet the target) Escalate unresolved requests as appropriate. Utilise remote tools and implement remote support with clients (Team viewer, remote desktop etc.)
- Own requests received from customers via telephone, email, voicemail and other sources EG Self-help – from point of receipt through to resolution.
- Keep an up-to-date record on the status of each request and also provide appropriate feedback to the customermanager – Ensure that resolution meets User requirements.
- Keep abreast of changes, often being instrumental in providing the service desk team with information about changes and projects. Inclusive of the Application Portfolio where concentration will be placed on training Service desk analysts.
- Provide documentation of new processes and fixes and update existing entries in the Knowledge Base.
- Work on Ad-hoc and Desk improvement tasks as and when required.
- Share knowledge with the Service Desk team to improve first time resolution.
- Provide telephone support to customers in a professional knowledgeable manner to maintain excellent customer relationships. Analyse support issues, replicating incidents to ensure validity of incident, interrogating logs and exhausting all avenues prior to passing across for further investigation.
- Providing customised ad-hoc reports – either by running/modifying existing
- ITIL V2 or V3 Foundation certification working with ITIL approaches and Practices including Incident, Problem and Change management.
- Continual service Improvement, Gather Data, Knowledge and Information to allow for improvements to recurring issues – by defining and writing process while cascading to Service Desk analysts to allow for first time fix for such issues.
- Problem Management – For recurring issues, ensure opportunities are explored with relevant stakeholders and internal support teams.
Hours of Work
- The role will be expected to join a shift pattern covering Monday – Friday from 07:00am to 24:00hours GMT (Shift Pattern may vary and very occasional cover for night shift may be required). It is expected that exceptional out of hours will be worked from home to ensure that shift hours are comfortably covered.
- If the candidate wishes to cover early or late shifts from home they must possess a working internet connection, otherwise they will be required to work from the office to cover these hours.