Careers with Algomi
Junior HR Advisor
LONDON, 28 April 2017
Role: Junior HR Advisor
Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Reports to: Global Head of HR and Logistics
- Support delivery of organisational objectives
- Provide HR support to the Global Head of HR on all aspects of the people plan initiatives
- Support with co-ordination of talent management, succession and resource planning activities
- Support delivery of key strategic HR projects and deliverables for the business.
- Recruitment duties: own the whole recruitment process, recruitment briefings with hiring managers; direct hiring responsibility; liaise with recruitment agencies, conduct interviews where required; managing PSL, conduct PSL reviews, develop hiring practices for example using LinkedIn.
- Advisory: work with the Global Head of HR and Logistics to consult management on general HR issues and liaise, where necessary, with external supporting legal team on wider Employment Law matters.
- ER: work with the Global Head of HR and Logistics to deal with absence management, support in and conduct disciplinaries and grievances where necessary, deal with maternity and paternity and support the group as a whole with general HR queries.
- Policy: define, develop and document company’s HR policies and procedures aligned to most recent legislation. Keep up to date with changing legislation to advise as necessary.
- Performance management: own the performance management annual cycle.
- Annual compensation: Carry out regular salary surveys & benchmarking for all levels across the company.
- Reporting and Analytics: Work with the HR Coordinator to regularly update the HR systems and records. Manage reports to the Founders and the Finance Team. Production of the quarterly HR reports for the Board Pack.
- Training: Implement an internal training programme to support the business needs and develop our employees.
- Projects: Pro-actively contribute towards the continuous improvement of internal HR processes for the business, including undertaking research on how to develop the HR function within this growing company – as and where necessary.
Key qualification requirements and necessary experience:
- CIPD qualification is essential (Level 3-5).
- Solid foundation knowledge of HR. This would suit someone who is working in a HR Assistant capacity with 2 years’ experience, looking to progress into a junior advisory role.
- Experience of supporting in ER casework with a view to start managing these processes independently.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to use own initiative to identify and manage work flows.
- Excellent organisational and forward planning skills, the ability to manage own workload and prioritise workloads effectively and manage multiple and competing deadlines.
- First class interpersonal skills – demonstrable ability to build and maintain good relationships both internally and externally at all levels.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to speak and write fluently in English.
- Demonstrated ability to draft clear and professional documentation.
- Excellent attention to detail and thorough and methodical approach to tasks.
- Computer literate – able to use Microsoft suite of packages - Word, Excel and PowerPoint – and be able to type proficiently.
- You must have the current right to work in the United Kingdom.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.