Careers with Algomi
Desktop Support Analyst
LONDON, 05 November 2018
Algomi is a software company that provides technology to financial market participants to improve their workflow and liquidity by data aggregation, pre-trade information analysis, and execution facilitation.
Through our understanding of financial markets and experience of workflow development, we collaborate with our clients and third party providers to create ideas and products that facilitate market function. Additionally, the company acts as a utility, bringing infrastructure to some of the world’s largest fixed-income participants to help them turn complex data systems into actionable knowledge. We enable investors and liquidity providers to trade with increased speed, greater efficiency and at lower cost.
We are a market neutral system provider, using our expertise in technological facilitation to improve liquidity and efficiency in the market.
Role Overview for a Desktop Support Analyst
Reporting to the Global Head of Operations & Support, the Desktop Support Analyst is a key role and will be responsible for assisting in managing and maintaining the internal office infrastructure and its systems.
- Day to day management of information technology and computer systems (including telephony)
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to the organizational policy
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in a timely manner
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes
- Preserve assets, information systems and control structures
Other day-to-day responsibilities to include:
- User and access control, network management and control, firewall management and control
- Access control and implementation, software control and roll out
- Desktop management and timely upgrade management
- Supplier management and cost control.
- Proven and relevant working experience as an IT Analyst
- Excellent knowledge of all technical management, information analysis and computer hardware/software systems
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Knowledge of firewalls and VPN configuration/troubleshooting.
Key Systems Used at Algomi:
- Dell VTRX Chassis, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, Richo Whiteboards/Printers, Linux
(RedHat/Centos), SAP, Sophos UTM 430, Netgear 7048 Switches, Samsung PBX, Amazon AWS, VCenter
5.5, TeamViewer, and Desktop Manager.
Contact for CVs below: